- Quilting Services
- My Quilts
- My Etsy Shop
- Homeschool Curriculum
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
This quilt is so rich and warm in person. I don't think the pictures do it justice. I had to make a quilt without buying any fabric...I wasn't sure I would have a backing! But we pieced enough to make the back coordinate with the front. I'm so glad we went with this instead of something that didn't match the front at all! I quilted in free motion all over, a quick and easy pattern.
I really wanted to try Minky...not so much anymore. What a pain to sew with! I was going to make a rag quilt with the squares that I cut, but then I found out minky doesn't fray like flannel. So I decided to do the top in minky and use a flannel backing. Sewing the top was hard because the squares shift on you even when you pin them. But once I got it on the quilting machine, it quilted easily. No batting on these as they are think and warm already and so soft! I love the finsihed product but no the piecing process! As I was sewing the tops (especially the second one) I told myself, "NO MORE MINKY!" But after I finished the them, they are so wonderful.....I think it's like having a baby - after a while you forget about the delivery and want another!
These are for a set of twins at church, I thought the "almost matchiness" was perfect!
I put a flannel monkey pattern on the back, next time though it should be something darker.
Lindsay's quilt is French for - A Beautiful Girl. We went with the french words since it has a Paris fabric as the main one. She sewed all the small blocks together and then did all the ironing for me as I finished it. This was her first quilt to quilt by herself. She did a lovely feather panto on it. We appliqued the words on the cream after we used the cricut to cut the fabric.
Friday, November 11, 2011
This is the first quilt done on the front of the machine. I started out using a template for the flowers and the leaves. Then realized I could freehand the leaves and look just as good. I was really hoping the flowers (which are quilted on the purple flower print) would show up more, but it is the leaves that really stand out. Good for fall!
Thursday, November 3, 2011
This was so easy to make! I wish I had chose different colors for the chenille now, but that's how we learn! The green wasn't dark enough and red would have been a great choice.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Welcome visitors from the Blogger's Quilt Festival!
This is my version of a ticker tape quilt. I bought a kit with this cute baby girl fabric in it, but the fabric was printed crooked! Oh no! What to do? I had been wanted to try this technique so I cut up the fabric and some from my stash, laid it out, spray basted it, and sewed it on top of the quilt sandwich with a zig zag stitch. It worked out very well. Thanks for looking!
After the front of this quilt was made, we decided to duplicate the pattern on the back without the penguins. It was very challenging to match up the top and bottom when I basted it, pulling a lot in some places. But it turned out beautifully!
Becca wanted a rainbow quilt and she chose these fabrics. I quilted it with swirvy lines.
Josh helped sew the matching quilt that we made for his bed. We had some squares left over so we put this little one together. My first straight line stitching. I won't be showing the back of this one!
I like the lines on this one. It was fun and quick to sew.