Saturday, January 5, 2013

Black and Yellow Scrap Quilt



This is a beautiful and easy 9 patch pattern that was scrap friendly!  I just grabbed all the yellow, black and gray fabrics I could find in my scrap bins and put them all together.   I like it so much, I am planning one in blue and green. (It's in that great big pile of quilt to made that can be found in my  head!) 


I even tried a new free motion quilting pattern - loops with flowers.  I have never tried loops before.  It just seems so much harder than the meandering.  I think adding the flowers every so often made it a little easier not to get stuck somewhere.  And the flowers go nicely with the fabrics.  


 The pictures aren't really showing the yellow thread - also a new try for me.  The quilting stands out a little more than if I had used white.  Perfect for this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...