Monday, April 14, 2014

My Lucky Square Quilt


This is my version of the Lucky Square Quilt.  You can find the pattern here.   I went digging through my scraps and found some colors that I thought went together. I picked blues, greens, reds, and yellows that were no so bright and added in some turquoise that was a little brighter.  Then I came back and added some brighter reds to perk it up a bit.  



After picking my fabrics, I cut them into 2.5 inch squares, sorted them into blocks so that the colors would be spread out somewhat randomly amoungst the blocks.  I sewed the blocks together and laid them out on the design wall.  Then I could decide which color square should go in the sashing.  


Measure out all the remaining white pieces, sew your rows together, and your top is done!  Mine is smaller that the original pattern, 5x6 blocks.


1 comment:

  1. Shannon, that is one cute quilt. I like the primary colors, good for either a boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...