Thursday, January 8, 2015

Stained Glass Quilt


Oh, I love this quilt!  It reminds me of stained glass with all it's beautiful batiks.  I also added a hand dyed navy that I had on hand too.  There are 2 blocks 5x4 and 6x3 which when you add a 1 inch black black to 2 sides makes them the same size.  


I used an invisible smoke thread to quilt this to keep the quilting from distracting from the fabrics. You can read more about that here.  I gave some tips on using monopoly thread.  It's not so bad as I thought!

For the back, I used the remaining pieces of fabrics from the front. It's like a puzzle trying to make it big enough to cover the quilt, but there is always a solution.  It looks so much more stunning in person, but then it always does!







2 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! I really like the woven look. The colors are bold and vibrant. The back looks great also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and blue is one of my favorite color combos. I love how it turned out with the two sizes of blocks. I plan on making a similar pattern for one of my brothers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...