Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Year of the Stash is Going Well!

My goals were set at the end of last year. The biggest one for me was using a lot of the large pieces of hard to use fabrics I had hiding in the closet.  Some of it was sitting by itself and some of it had a buddy or two to go with it. I didn't want to use them because it was either to hard (or so I thought) or I really didn't like it.  But I have challenged myself to get these fabrics made into pretty quilts.  Here are my first three this year.


This pink floral fabric has a hard to match minty green that I found enough of to make a quilt. I am not used to making a 2 fabric quilt, but I am pleased with how this turned out. I did a lot of math to figure out how to not purchase any fabric, but I ended up buying a yard of the green because I was short.  Almost all stash!



Urban Neighborhoods

These fabrics were already in a pile in my closet.  I don't remember why they were there, but they had been there a while. 100% stash!



On the Square Irish Chain

Here is one of those floral prints in my stash I don't like.  But I was determined to use it AND make it pretty!  Two marble prints I bought last year make this irish chain stand out. It's all stash.


My goal is to make 20 of these types of quilts, hopefully using all stash to do it.  I have 2 more of these quilts started and another finished.  I'd say the Year of the Stash is well under way!



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Three large quilts already! I'd say you're taking this challenge head on. Well done and thanks for linking up with A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Shannon! All three quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon - You are an inspiration. These are stunning quilts. Found you via Quarter an Inch From The Edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job of using up your stash. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing good. It always feels great to use up what we already have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...