Friday, February 10, 2017

Charming Baby Quilt

42 x 42 

This baby quilt was made from some leftover charm squares my friend sent me a while ago.  I added in a couple more prints from my scrap bin to finish it out.


My handsome helper said his arms were getting tired during our photo shoot.  I think he just wanted to be seen in the photo!


I had some thread issues on the back of the quilt.  Three knots and only 3 knots.  One of my facebook groups suggested changing the check spring.  I guess you're supposed to do that every year and I have never changed it.  So I changed it yesterday and worked on the tension while I was practicing these swirl feathers Vicki likes to do.  I still got a knot, but it was towards the top when I might have been adjusting the tension still.  So I need to do another practice piece before loading a quilt.


This is actually my second piece.  The first piece was a farming chicken fabric and you can't see the quilting in the pictures.  I did better on the first one than this one.  Although it doesn't look too bad.  It is a fast freehand pattern, so I want to get better at it.

Linking with Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you tried it Shannon!! Wasn't it fun? Looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this little quilt and an adorable helper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute baby quilt, and looks like it would be fairly quick to make too. I like the little patchwork border, that extra little something, you know?

    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Sometimes simple is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence! I was just learning Vicki's feather swirl too! I love seeing your version and hope my version turns out half as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. A great way to use the stash of charms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so sweet - and your quilt holder is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a darling quilt and a handsome helper. Your swirl feathers look great! I am still doodling that design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...