Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Pure Baby Boy Quilt

36 x 42 

This is a Moda Bake Shop pattern called Pure Baby Boy.   I liked the simplicity of it so I dug through my scraps and pieced the top. I found a blue Kona cotton called Delft for the sashing and the binding.


I wasn't crazy about how they had done the back in the tutorial, plus I hadn't used a jelly roll so I didn't have any strips anyway. I looked in my stash and nothing large enough seemed to go with the modern look of the front.


Eventually I was able to find enough matching prints and pieced the back from 4.5" wide rectangles. I think they were cut 5" x 10". I didn't worry about trying to get it center when I loaded it on the longarm. I just wanted it to be straight.  And it's pretty close.


It looks so much softer after it's washed. Too bad that is hard to show in pictures. But all quilts look better in person, don't you think?  Hope you're having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! But I think I like the back the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your back way better than theirs too! I see you are using a new backdrop for your pic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...