Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Welcome Fall Quilt #1 and #2


 58 x 67

This fall quilt was made from a layer cake called Welcome Fall. It is hard to find a good fall collection this close to fall!  I guess people have already purchased their fall fabric.  My customer wanted an orange and green border for her quilt and this orange was on her list of choices. So I looked up the fabric line and it was perfect for her!



It has leaves and pumpkins and great fall colors. Sh wanted me to remove the black prints and replace them with brown ones. So I did. I added her two favorite colors to the back with some brown and gave it a brown binding.  One happy customer!


Since I had quite a few leftover pieces, plus all the black she didn't want to use, I made another quilt.  I added in a bunch of 5" squares from the scrap bins. I had enough to piece the border this time, so I offset it with a cream solid.


This set of colors reminds me of Flint corn, also called Indian corn. Or a beautiful cornucopia full of fall plenty. I love how the pieced border changes the look of the quilt.


I pieced the back the same way, but the golden yellow looked better than the orange on this quilt.


Linking with Needle and Thread Thursday, Finished or Not Friday, and Crazy Mom Quilts.

7 comments:

  1. These are both lovely. Can't decide which I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting seeing the two different quilts. I really like how the lighter inner border seems to brighten up the second quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts. Love the colours and simple squares - a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy peasy quilt that packs a punch. I liked seeing the difference the border changes made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous quilts! I confess to liking the one with the black squares included best (scrappier! Of course!) but both are just perfect.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on finishing up TWO quilts. Just in time for Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them both! A Lot! Each is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...